How to Apply
- You must use the Electronic Scholarship Application to apply for a scholarship.
- The electronic Scholarship Application will only be available on August 01, 2021.
- Applications submitted through email or manually drop off at the IEC office will not be considered for the scholarship.
- An essay stating your current educational standing, along with scholastic and career goals.
- Must have a minimum SAT score of 1200 (please provide a copy of SAT scores).
- Copy of High School transcripts (final, or up to the last quarter).
- Letter from counselor stating you are graduating in 2021-2022.
- Must be part of the Shia Ithna-Ashari Community of Greater Houston.
Current High School Students
- All High School seniors graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2022 are eligible to apply.
- All College Freshman graduated in Spring/Summer of 2021 are eligible to apply ( if not previously applied).
- All students who meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply by the Oct 31, 2021 deadline.
- The community will be notified via email of the following:
- On August 01, 2021, for the opening of the application period.
- Reminder in the month of September and October for the application period.
- On November 01, 2021, for the expiration of the application period and beginning of the application review period.
- Awardee’s names in the month of January 2022
- Following documents are not the requirement but will showcase the applicant’s strength in different areas of his/her educational life:
- Recommendation letter from a school teacher, coach, or Principal.
- Recommendation letter from a Sunday School teacher or Principal.
- Recommendation letter from sports, debate, or any extracurricular activity coach.
- Portfolio showcasing participation in the different activities other than the major area of study.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does your application cost?
$0! Our application is entirely free and available to anyone in the community who fulfill application requirements.
Are your scholarships need-based or merit-based scholarships?
The IEC Scholarship program is a merit-based scholarship.
Can I use the same essay responses from my college admission application?
Yes, if you feel your college admission application essay will adequately show your standing, you are welcome to use the same.
What is the word count for your essays?
For the High School scholarship application, there is a 300-word count limit.
For the college freshman scholarship application, there is a 450-word count limit.
Still, have Questions?